DUDLEY EARTHQUAKE APPEAL
At 00:54 on Monday 23 September an earthquake measuring 4.8 on the Richter Scale hit Dudley, UK causing untold disruption and distress -
* Many were woken well before their giro arrived;
* Several priceless collections of mementos from the
Balearics and the Spanish Costa's were damaged;
* Three areas of historic and scientifically
significant litter were disturbed;
* Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to
come to terms with the shock realisation that something interesting
has actually happened in Dudley:
One resident, Donna-Marie Dutton, a 17 year old mother-of-three said,"It was such a shock, little Chantal-Leanne came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Trisha the next morning."
Apparently though, looting did carry on as normal.
The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4000
crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken masses.
Rescue workers are still searching through the
rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings
including benefit books and jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
* Â£2 buys chips, scraps and blue pop for a family of four;
* Â£10 can take a family to Stourport for the day, where children
can play on an unspoiled canal bank among the national collection of
* 22p buys a biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim.
PLEASE ACT NOW
Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the rest!
If you prefer to donate cash, there are collection
points available at your local branches of Argos, Iceland and Clinton